- Open all year free of charge.
Visiting the Shrine
- Date November 6 - November 28
- TimeFrom sunset to 20:30
About Kifune Shrine
Kifune Shrine enshrines the God of Water, the source of all life, and is the head shrine of two thousand water god shrines across Japan. Enveloped by this mountain air, Kifune Shrine has been a popular place of worship since ancient times.
Transport & Access
Nearest station: Eizan Railway “Kibuneguchi” station
- Get off at Kibuneguchi station, change to Kyoto Bus and get off at Kibune
- The shrine is approximately 30 min (2 km) walk from Kibuneguchi station
Nearest bus station: Kyoto Bus (Bus 33) “Kibune”
- Get off at Kibune and walk approximately 5 min to arrive at the shrine.